Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fragrance #1: Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

Scent:  The booklet that came in the sample box describes this one as: "An Italian blend of Sicilian orange and bergamot, with mouthwatering notes of vanilla, and caramel wrapped around a creamy marshmallow center and rounded by intoxicating aromas of sensual woods."  

I smelled:  cotton candy.  I actually recognized this scent as soon as I opened the bottle.  I've walked by or near women wearing this scent and have thought, "Is that cotton candy scented perfume she's wearing?"  While smelling like cotton candy is not a bad thing, is it a very sweet scent.  My husband seemed to like it, "It smelled good" is his final verdict.

Wearability:  In this category, I want to stay away from any fragrance that is really overpowering.  The best test subject for this is certainly my mom.  She's the kind of person who becomes literally sick from walking through the perfume area at department stores.  I had applied the Pink Sugar a few hours before she came to pick me up to go to the gym and when I got in the car she didn't say anything at all about the scent.  I certainly wouldn't call this scent overpowering, you'd have to apply quite a bit for it to get there.  I applied it mostly to my wrists and neck area and it was quite subtle, even when I put on a decent amount.

Longevity:  This fragrance doesn't seem to hold up well when applied to the skin.  I put some on before work and by the time I came home I couldn't smell it at all on my wrists, but if I put some on my clothing it was still lingering a bit.

Reactions:  Other than the people I blatantly asked for an opinion, no one noticed my new smell.  The husband said, "It smells good."  My friend Trista agreed that it smelled like pure cotton candy extract, her boyfriend said it was too sweet smelling, and my mom couldn't smell it at all.

Over all, Aquolina Pink Sugar is a nice scent and especially good if you like smelling like a candy shop or a carnival.  It's subtle and very sweet, definitely a "young" scent.  If you're over, say, thirty-five, this fragrance is much too candy-like.  This would be more age-appropriate for a younger girl, maybe in middle or high school.  I could see a lot of teenage girls being really into this fragrance.  Not age-appropriate for the more "mature" woman.

Verdict:  I don't think this is the one for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment